PeepSpace is thrilled to announce our 3rd OPEN CALL opportunity! No Fee
Application Deadline: January 23, 2021
PeepSpace in Tarrytown, NY is committed to maintaining no fee opportunities for emerging and established artists. However, as an artist-run space, we humbly request your donations.
As artists and curators you are aware that the standard fees for open calls typically range from $10-$50. PeepSpace needs your support to continue to offer opportunities for artists for whom fees may be a hindrance.
As you consider the open call, and if you have the means, please consider including a donation with your proposal. A donation of whatever you can afford would make a difference in the success of our new gallery and support of our programming. No donation is too small. Your donation will not affect the consideration of your proposal.
Please make your donation here: PeepSpace PayPal Donation
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2021
- The two accepted proposals will be notified by February 8, 2021
PeepSpace offers a broad call for proposals open to a variety of visual arts exhibitions presented by artists and/or curators. PeepSpace is a 37 x 9 foot venue in Tarrytown, NY. We encourage applicants to visit the space prior to submitting proposals in order to take the gallery’s layout into consideration for your proposed exhibition’s concept.
- Applicants may apply for solo exhibitions or curated duo/group exhibitions.
- Only apply if the works will be readily available for the two sessions of exhibitions.
Exhibition 1: March 12-26, 2021
Exhibition 2: April 9-23, 2021
- We will assign the two winning proposals one session each, however, you may specify a preferred date in your proposal.
- While PeepSpace founders will be available to assist, selected artists/curators will be responsible for installation and deinstallation (including repairing/repainting walls) by the following dates. Only those who will commit their availability during the specific dates will be eligible for consideration.
- Exhibition 1 Installation: Saturday & Sunday, March 6 & 7, 2021
- Exhibition 1 De-installation: Saturday & Sunday, March 27 & 28, 2021
- Exhibition 2 Installation: Saturday & Sunday, April 3 & 4, 2021
- Exhibition 2 De-installation: Saturday & Sunday, April 24 & 25, 2021
How to Apply:
All proposal submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with Spring 2021 Open Call in the subject line. *We prefer images/videos to be shared via a Google Drive folder when possible. Proposals should include the following:
- No longer than a 1 page written element, describing the themes and topics of the proposed exhibition
- No more than 10 images of work to be included in the show and/or up to 2 videos representing work to be included in the show (PeepSpace may request more images or videos from finalists)
- Resume and website of the show curator/organizer
- Optional: Resumes and websites of included artists
Email inquiries to email@example.com
PeepSpace will take a 40% commission of any work sold and the artist will receive 60%.
Peep Space’s representatives will take the utmost care of any works of art in the project space, including during the exhibition preparation, display and de-installation. However, the Artist(s) agrees to display their work entirely at their own risk, and further agrees and acknowledges that neither Peep Space nor any of its directors, 92 Central Arts LLC, or the owner of the building at 92 Central Avenue, nor the Village of Tarrytown in which the show is located, its officials, officers, Trustees, agents and employees, shall bear any responsibility or liability whatsoever for any loss or damage to the work.
All displaying artists will be required to sign a standard waiver of liability and release form.